According to a recent survey, only 30% of companies actively practice internal hiring. When you look at the pros and cons of this practice, it’s clear that the other 70% is missing out. The relationship between a recently open position and hiring can seem simple and obvious. When one employee leaves, hire another. An American […]
Have you ever seen a sign that says something like, “Lack of planning on your part doesn’t constitute an emergency on mine,” hanging in someone’s office or retail establishment? If you think about it for a minute, it’s surprising how often an unplanned or unanticipated event for one person turns into an emergency for someone […]
In yesterday’s Advisor we learned about software that attempts to eliminate employee lawsuits. Today, information on groundbreaking software that streamlines onboarding and performance management. BambooHR, well known for its HR management software, has added two major components for performance appraisal and orientation, CEO Ben Peterson announced at the Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM) Annual […]
The Glasshouse Report claims it has a product that can “eliminate employee lawsuits.” The question, besides whether it’s even possible: can The Glasshouse Report deliver on that claim? Many new and interesting HR tools and techniques were showcased at the Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM) Annual Conference and Exposition, held recently in Las Vegas. […]
Employers struggle to provide a balanced and fair leave package for their employees. What’s happening with employee leave in the real world? What are your competitors up to? Help us find out!
In yesterday’s Advisor, we discussed the pros and cons of team interviewing. Today we’ll discuss how to diminish those cons so you can use team interviewing to its maximum potential.
Team interviewing, sometimes known as panel interviewing, can be a valuable way to avoid some common one-on-one interview pitfalls. Unfortunately, team interviews have pitfalls of their own. Here’s some practical knowledge about conducting team interviews that will be valuable whether you are just beginning to use them or have been using them for years. Are […]
In yesterday’s Advisor, we shared some results of our Employment Branding Survey; today, we present more results from the study, including how they choose to control what’s being said about their company and what their most successful branding actions have been.
When it comes to an organization’s brand, Amazon.com® Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos put it best: “Your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room.” Our Employment Branding Survey, conducted in June 2015, posed the question: What are real-world organizations doing with branding, both internally and externally?
Yesterday’s Advisor covered how to prepare yourself for the first call to a potential candidate. Today, you’ll learn some tips and tricks on actually pulling the call off!