Given the current talent economy, organizations are challenged to consistently attract and retain the right caliber of talent. BLR®, with the kind sponsorship of SilkRoad, has just completed a survey about several interesting aspects of recruiting today. To help us interpret some of the survey data, we’ve asked Alexandra Levit to join us. She is the CEO of Inspiration at Work.
A former nationally syndicated columnist for The Wall Street Journal and a current writer for The New York Times, Levit has authored several books, including the bestselling They Don’t Teach Corporate in College, Success for Hire, and Blind Spots.
In this episode of HR Works: The Podcast for Human Resources, Levit provides insights on:
- Trends in salary and benefits negotiation
- The importance of customizing your social media communications for different audiences
- Examples of successful social recruiting tactics (that also engage your current employees!)
- The characteristics of career sites that really attract top candidates
- The advantages of ‘thinking locally’ when recruiting
- Which metrics to provide to the C-suite that measure your recruiting success
And much more!