What does it take to be a Military Friendly® employer? The Military Friendly Employers list, compiled annually by Victory Media, a service-disabled, veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) that connects the military community to civilian employment, educational, and entrepreneurial opportunities, has strict criteria for inclusion.
“Employers that have earned this designation have invested in substantive programs to recruit, retain, and advance veterans within their organizations,” said Daniel Nichols, chief product officer at Victory Media. “To them, hiring veterans isn’t just the right thing to do. It’s good for business.”
The Military Friendly Employers list is created each year based on extensive research using public data sources, input of military employees, and responses to the proprietary, data-driven Military Friendly Employers survey from participating companies. The survey questions, methodology, criteria, and weightings are developed with the assistance of an independent research firm and an advisory council of educators and employers.
Data calculations and tabulations are independently evaluated for completeness and accuracy by Ernst & Young. The survey is administered for free and is open to companies that have hired veterans in the past 12 months.
On the List
The Military Friendly Employers list includes five categories. Here are the top 10 employers in each of those categories.
Top 10 Military Friendly Employers with over $1 billion in revenue
- Aviall Services Inc.
- Windstream Communications
- Combined Insurance Company
- State Farm
- U.S. Xpress, Inc.
- Performance Contractors, Inc.
- Adecco Group
- Total Quality Logistics
Top 10 Military Friendly Employers with $500 million to $1 billion in revenue
- Cajun Industries, LLC
- Motel 6 / Studio 6
- The Western & Southern Life Insurance Company
- TMC Transportation
- Patterson-UTI Drilling LLC
- ClarkDietrich Building Systems
- Veterans United Home Loans
- Chenega Corporation
- Calgon Carbon Corporation
Top 10 Military Friendly Employers with under $500 million in revenue
- PlaneTechs, LLC
- Logistics Health Incorporated
- Greencastle Associates Consulting, LLC
- Roehl Transportation
- Strategic Staffing Solutions
- Pro-sphere Tek, Inc.
- Advanced Technology Services (ATS)
- Haeco Americas
- First Command Financial Services
Top 10 Military Friendly Employers non-profit
- Kaiser Permanente
- Carolinas HealthCare System
- The Exchange (Army & Air Force Exchange Service)
- Northwell Health
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- United States Postal Service
- Baylor Scott & White Health
- Energy Northwest